Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom keeps hitting me

My mom keeps hitting me bc i forgot to clean today i forgot to mop the foor and when she came back from the store she was mad at she grabbed me by my hair and dragged my to the bathroom and she got a hair brush and started hitting me in the head and my arms and legs im really scared honestly i feel like dont clean well but for her im just lazy at home. Idk what to do ive tryed running away but when i did she pulled me and beat me up

Thank you for contacting NRS. It sounds like you are in a very tough situation and we’re glad you reached out to us. No one deserves to be treated the way you are being treated. It is not OK for your Mom to hit you. It is also your Mom’s responsibility to provide a safe and supportive environment for you. If you feel you are in danger, you can always call 911.

You could also consider contacting your local Division of Child Protective Services. If you are uncomfortable making the call, you can call us and one of our volunteers can make the call with or for you. Another potential resource is the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at www.childhelp.org or 1-800-4-A-CHILD (422-4453). Childhelp is a 24-hour hotline with volunteers who can talk to you about your situation and provide resources that may be helpful to you.

At NRS, our main goal is to help youth stay safe and off the streets. Leaving home can be a big decision, and it's important to consider where you might go and how you would support yourself. Do you have friends or family that you are comfortable talking to about your situation? They may have advice or ideas that may be helpful to you.

We’re not legal experts, but we can provide some basic information that may be helpful to you. Running away is not illegal. If you run away, your parents can file a runaway report. If you are picked up by the police they will likely take you back home. You should know that if you are staying with someone and you are picked up there, they could be charged with harboring a runaway.The way the police handle runaway and harboring cases varies from place to place. If you call the non-emergency number of your local police department they may be able to tell you how they handle runaway and harboring cases. If you are uncomfortable making the call, you can call us and one of our volunteers can make the call with or for you.

There may be housing , legal aid and other resources available in your area. If you contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.com one of our volunteers can talk to you and help you find resources in your area that may be helpful to you.

Another potential resource is 2-1-1. 211 is a service of the United Way that can help to connect you to local resources. If you contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.com one of our volunteers can talk to you and help you find resources in your area that may be helpful to you. We hope to hear from you soon.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X