Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm grounded and feel hurt about the things people say to me

Okay so I'm 12 years old and I got grounded for lighting things in fire... Not my best decision but I'm it even supposed to have my phone, today my mom's friend well also a tenant at my house was outside with her boyfriend and my mom, my mom said out loud to the tenant and the tenants boyfriend that I haven't been cleaning up after myself when Ive been WORKING EVERY DAY WITH MY GRANDPA as soon as the tenant hears this she stands up threatens to lay me out on the ground and my mom laughs... Thinking it was a joke... But I could tell she wasn't joking... She then carries on about how her kids were cleaning there rooms at 2 and how if she was my mom she would add another month to my groundation... I have 3 months in my summer vacation it's my second right now and I just got grounded for two months... Taking my whole summer right from my feet dude... I love my mom and my family and my siblings but I cant take this, getting yelled at every night by my mom because the house isn't clean and stuff. After that my grandma comes out and hands me dinner... I walk into the bathroom punch the mirror surprisingly not breaking it and rip it off the wall and cry in the bathroom for an hour with the door locked and my mom never even noticed, I've been thinking about running away all night since then...

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Okay so I'm 12 years old and I got grounded for lighting things in fire... Not my best decision but I'm it even supposed to have my phone, today my mom's friend well also a tenant at my house was outside with her boyfriend and my mom, my mom said out loud to the tenant and the tenants boyfriend that I haven't been cleaning up after myself when Ive been WORKING EVERY DAY WITH MY GRANDPA as soon as the tenant hears this she stands up threatens to lay me out on the ground and my mom laughs... Thinking it was a joke... But I could tell she wasn't joking... She then carries on about how her kids were cleaning there rooms at 2 and how if she was my mom she would add another month to my groundation... I have 3 months in my summer vacation it's my second right now and I just got grounded for two months... Taking my whole summer right from my feet dude... I love my mom and my family and my siblings but I cant take this, getting yelled at every night by my mom because the house isn't clean and stuff. After that my grandma comes out and hands me dinner... I walk into the bathroom punch the mirror surprisingly not breaking it and rip it off the wall and cry in the bathroom for an hour with the door locked and my mom never even noticed, I've been thinking about running away all night since then...
    We're glad you reached out to us; it sounds like for a while now you haven't been receiving the appreciation and respect that you deserve from the people around you. The idea of having two of the three months of summer taken away can be devastating; you deserve to be able to feel free and have fun. It sounds like your mom has been frustrated about things not being as clean as she wants but hasn't been expressing it in a way that feels fair or reasonable.

You deserve to have someone to talk to, and shouldn't have to process those sort of difficult experiences alone. Any time something tough happens, please feel free to contact us. We can best help you over a live chat or a phone call (1800runaway.org or 1-800-RUNAWAY); we are here to listen and help as best we can.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X