X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being manipulated to think its ok what they are doing to me

hi, I'm ally (my screen name)

I'm 13 and I'm about ready to run away, my mom mentally manipulates me. She comments about my body and makes fun f how I look in front of her friends, my friends, and our family. She then does these nice things to try and make me forget about it. When I was 8 or 9 my best friend sexually assaulted me. And she didn't believe me until I told my ex-therapist. (she won't let me see a therapist anymore). She still mentions the girl's name all the time and what happened to me still haunts me. I'm scared because sometimes I wake up with a random bruise and soreness including what looked like a hand print on my neck last week and it hurt to breathe. She takes away all my stuff if I say anything to anyone and then punishes me when I try to hurt or kill myself. she once restrained me and was kicking me repeatedly in my back and I couldn't get away because she would let go of me. I want to run away to my best friend's house. my parents don't really know her parents but my best friend's mom knows what they do to me and thinks my parents and psychopaths as well. I don't want to go home I just want to go to school and not come home because when I come home I'm always manipulated. I've tried to end it because of my mom but I love my parents and my family so much, and I love my mom a lot but I think that's because she manipulated me to feel this way. can I run away in NYS?

Thank you so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It certainly sounds like you are going through a lot right now! Feeling that you are being manipulated and potentially body shamed by a parent is never a good feeling, and really is unfortunate that it’s happening to you. Additionally, if you were kicked and hit by your mother that can be considered abuse.

Hopefully you know that you don’t deserve any of this.

While not mentioning the state you live in it seems that you are asking if you are able to run away in New York State. When googling the NY State Laws for Runaways, the legal age to leave is 18. At age 13 would be an issue, especially if you are considering going to your best friend’s home. (We are not legal experts---the information referred to came up on the internet.) Not only might you get into trouble if you are caught by law enforcement, but your friend’s parents run the risk of legal problems as they may be considered to be ‘harboring a minor’.

It would really be great if you could reach out to us here at NRS so we could get a bit more information from you so we can be of more assistance. Here at NRS we have a database of resources that could be helpful to you with regards to possible shelters to contact as well as perhaps looking into getting involved in some family therapy. We are available 24/7 at www.1800runaway.org via our chat option or at 1-800-786-2929 if you would like to speak to someone personally.

Again, thank you for reaching out. Hope to hear from you soon!

Best,

National Runaway Safeline
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X