Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaway

Can I ry away or go to cps without my parents permission? I feel like I’m burden and not wanted by any of my relatives. What would be the best bet?

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline and being willing to share some of your story with us, it takes courage to reach out for help and we’re glad that you did! It sounds like you’re in a very difficult situation at home and some family situations can be really troubling to navigate.

If you ever want to talk in more detail about your situation we are available by phone and chat 24/7. It’s important to note that we are not legal experts so we cannot advise on your specific case as to what might happen. However, in general if a youth is to run away from home and their parent or guardian contacts the police they would likely be returned home. These are general guidelines in terms of runaway laws and we cannot say what would specifically happen in your case. To get more specific information it could be helpful to contact legal services in your area. If you wanted some help finding resources, you can always call or chat us and we can try to help guide you toward these resources. You can also contact your local police department’s non-emergency number for questions about local runaway laws and responses.

If you are experiencing abuse of any kind you can file an abuse report with CPS by reaching out directly or contacting one of our team members to help you with the process. We are so sorry for the struggles that you are going through and we are here to help.

We hope this was helpful information and hope you reach out if there is anything else you need! We are only able to respond by forum two times so if you would like to talk with someone live please contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us on our website https://www.1800runaway.org/.

We wish you the best of luck in this difficult situation and are always here if you want to reach back out!

NRS Team
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X