Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick of my mom

im sick of my mom. she’s always so irritated when i talk to her. whenever i go to her room to talk or something i always end up leaving the room either crying or in a ********ty mood. her negativity spoils my mood so much. she’s always screaming at me. i hate it so ********ing much. whenever i have problems or something and end up crying she always starts shouting at me for crying and doesn’t leave me the ******** alone. i just want to be alone and in solitude. i know this may not be that big of a problem but it definitely affects my mental health a lot. i just want to run away somewhere.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you are having a difficult time at home and that your relationship with your mom is difficult right now. Know that you deserve to live where you feel happy and at peace. You mentioned that your mom has been irritable lately and that affects your relationship with her. It sounds like your home life has been increasingly stressful, which can easily affect mental health.

One option you may consider is to find a time when you are both not stressed to talk about how you have been feeling at home. At NRS, we offer a conference call option where you would reach out to us via our phone hotline and then we could (upon your request only) reach out to your mom to have a three-way conversation. Anything shared with us privately is kept confidential and we would work to keep the conversation respectful and productive.

You also mentioned wanting to run away. If you do not feel as though you can stay at home and work on your mental health, leaving home is an option. However, if you are a minor (under 18 in most states) your mom has the option to file a runaway report and try to have the police bring you home. If you reach out to us through our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or our online chat services at www.1800runaway.org , we can help discuss a safety plan.

If you decide to stay home, know your mental health is still a priority. At home, it might be helpful to find healthy coping mechanisms that work for you to self-soothe when tensions are high. Healthy coping mechanisms can include drawing, listening to music, taking a walk, or practicing breathing exercises.

Stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hello, I cant give a lot of information but I need help. I'm in Germany right now I can't leave the country but I want to go back to the UK with my grandparent's long story short when we were in the UK my mother (the biatch) lied to me she said "we will return to Bulgaria for only 7 days (one week)" but she lied we stayed more than 1 month then we came to Germany here I am. I've been trying to get into a school in the UK for 6 months f*ck my life, any advice?

Comment

• ccsmod10
        ccsmod10 commented
        Editing a comment
        We're thankful you reached out to us. It sounds like you are in an unfamiliar place, and your mother lied to you about the duration and reason you are there. It makes sense if you are feeling angry, betrayed, hurt, afraid, or confused right now.

We're here to help as best we can, but we are based in the United States and most of our resources and expertise are based here. However, we were able to locate a few resources based in Germany that may be able to give you more specific assistance.

This website has hotlines for both the UK and Germany: https://www.mhe-sme.org/library/youth-helplines/
        If you have access to a telephone you can dial 116111 to access youth services in Germany and speak to a representative who can help.
        If you only have access to a computer/smartphone, you can go to the following website and access live chat with German youth services: https://www.jugendaemter.com/jugenda...in-deutschland. This website is in German; if you need to change the language, Chrome and other web browsers often have an auto-translate feature near the search bar.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X