Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know how to live by my parents anymore

Hi I’m makeira and I live in a small town . I live with very abusive parents. I have a Councillor his name is dean and us so kind but I don’t know how to talk to him about it . My siblings aren’t abused so it’s scary when people say you have the perfect family. I have a run away buddy. And she and me are besties . I feel like moveing to Italy just to get away from them . I feel very sick everytime someone says they have an abusive parent . My father is the physical and mental abuse . My mother is more of the one to give me verbal abuse she calls me smart*** and f*** i*** . They don’t under why I flinch every-time someone moves . It’s to painful for me to live here what shall I do

-makeira
    p.s. I have a fear of my father

Hi Makeira, we're really glad you reached out to us. It takes a lot of courage to talk about the things you've been experiencing.

It sounds like your parents have been making you feel unsafe-- emotionally and physically-- at home, and other people seem to have a very different idea of what your family is like, which is making it even harder. It is normal if you are feeling angry, sad, confused, or afraid. You don't deserve to be receiving the treatment that you are.

It can feel scary to be honest with your counselor about what's going on. It can be helpful to remember that they are on your side, and their main goal is to help you feel better. It's hard to work with something if you are keeping it bottled up.

It's good that you have your friend to talk with about what's going on. Even if you can't solve each other's problems, it can be relieving just to have someone you can talk with about it.

Running away can be challenging, but we can talk about it more. If you are able to, you can live chat us at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can talk more about what's been going on, and potential solutions.

If you ever feel like you are in physical danger, you can always call 911 and explain to them what is happening.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X