Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18 years old, questions about running away.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod1
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We are terribly sorry that you are having this experience with your mother. It can certainly be stressful when you feel misunderstood or even unheard, especially by a parent. It sounds like you may also be experiencing feelings of isolation or even being "singled out" between your mother and older sister. We want to ensure that you receive the best quality of support possible. Since we are an organization that serves the United States; we unfortunately do not have the proper resources to provide the best quality of support for you.

We would like to empower you to reach out to Wellness Together, which is an organization that serves Canada. They provide crisis support and should have the appropriate tools to better assist you. They offer a crisis text line for youth, where you may text "WELLNESS" to 686868. We also would like to provide you with their website as well: https://www.wellnesstogether.ca/en-CA/crisis

We hope that this is able to help guide you in the right direction. We wish you happiness, health, and peace in your days ahead.

Warmly,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I live in Canada, however my house is 30 minutes away near the Seattle border if that’s something.

It’s just that me and my mother have had arguments in the past that became screaming contests whoever could yell at each other the loudest. These situations sometimes but not all the time ends with me getting hit making me feel guilty when I do defend myself.

Sometimes my mother would even gossip about these arguments to my older sister who recently got married and moved out of my parents house, and my older sister would always side with my mom and agree with her more than me because I’m the “youngest in the family”

It’s just that now I’m considering reaching out for help because I don’t think my family members can ever understand what I feel.

Even when I try to defend myself in a situation I always feel trapped and misjudged, I even think this is normal for me because I got used to all the disappointment I have caused within my family.

But i don’t know for how long I can survive my current living situation for if this keeps happening

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    replied
    Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I’m 18 years old (19 in august) and I have been thinking about running away home.

I’ve always thought about running away due to having arguments and disagreements in my family for months but I never did because I don’t know what’s the legal consequences of doing so and the actions my family will take to find me.

1. If I’m an adult at 18 years old and I have the right to move out at that age, can the police still take me home if they find me?

2. I don’t have much friends or places that I usually go too. but I know my way around things and I even have enough money to stay somewhere for the night or two, with this information can I still be found?

3. What kind of conversations the police might have with my family if I’m facing let’s say abuse in the household or anything that might affect my mental health physically or mentally, will there be some sort of penalty?

I also dont live in the states nore do I live in america but I’m willing to get any help.
    We're glad you reached out to us, it sounds like you've had reasons for wanting to run away for a while. It can be hard for us to know the answers to some of these questions without knowing what country you are in. We are not legal experts, but have some expertise about practices in the United States. If you are able to tell us what country you are in we may be able to provide more informed answers.

In general, if you feel unsafe in your current environment, you can contact whatever emergency hotline is used in your country.

If you would like to reply to this threat with more information, or live chat us at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we may be able to provide more specific answers to your questions.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic 18 years old, questions about running away.

18 years old, questions about running away.

I’m 18 years old (19 in august) and I have been thinking about running away home.

I’ve always thought about running away due to having arguments and disagreements in my family for months but I never did because I don’t know what’s the legal consequences of doing so and the actions my family will take to find me.

1. If I’m an adult at 18 years old and I have the right to move out at that age, can the police still take me home if they find me?

2. I don’t have much friends or places that I usually go too. but I know my way around things and I even have enough money to stay somewhere for the night or two, with this information can I still be found?

3. What kind of conversations the police might have with my family if I’m facing let’s say abuse in the household or anything that might affect my mental health physically or mentally, will there be some sort of penalty?

I also dont live in the states nore do I live in america but I’m willing to get any help.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X