•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod1
    replied
    Hello there,

We appreciate you reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We recognize that it may take both courage and strength to talk about these things and seek help. We would like to support you at this time in any way that we can. It sounds like you have been struggling with your relationship with your mother for quite some time. It also sounds like your mental health may need support as well at this time. We notice you mentioned that after you left the mental hospital, you thought that you were fine. Please know that even after treatment, it is okay to continue therapy or any other mental health service that may benefit you in any way. Taking care of your mental health is an ongoing process, as long as you want it to be. There is no shame in continuing services to help you with your depression and we empower you to continue with mental health treatment, if you feel like that is what you may need. If you need any help with this, we could certainly look into resources in your area for you to continue treatment.

You deserve to feel loved and appreciated, and we are sorry that your mom seems to be making you feel otherwise. We welcome you the opportunity to talk further with us about the situation, where we can better support you and connect you with any resources that could be helpful for you at this time. Please reach out to us through our online chat portal, found directly on our website at www.1800runaway.org or you may contact us by phone call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. Our services operate on a 24/7 basis, so we will always have someone available to chat.

In the meantime, we encourage you to engage in healthy activities that bring you joy and practice self-care. Your well-being, and of course, your safety deserve to be top priority at this time. We look forward to the opportunity to talk more with you about your situation and we wish you peace during this time.

Warmly,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic My Mom is my biggest competition

My Mom is my biggest competition

My mom has been down my back the longest and telling me how i should since im her child she always wanted me to be something she wanted me to be she barley let me express my own self. i am currently 16 now and she thinks i'm competing with her in 2019 i told her that i was depressed and i felt like i did not deserve to be alive and she put me in a mental hospital and when i got out i thought i was fine because i was away from my mom now that some years has passed she said it was a waste of time and money and i never full recovered from being depressed i walk around every day thinning how i will never be loved for who i am because my mom does not even no her own daughter hell i barley know my dam self. its so embarrassing she think i wanted to compete with he but all i really want is for her to be my mom and not my competition she have made many stupid mistakes when she was younger and she tries to fix them with me its kind of of weird to because i know no parent really want their child do go down the "wrong path" and most parents want their child to be better than them but my mom doesn't care about all of that. S he has introduced many men in our life to me and my siblings and she gets our hopes up about having two parents at home and then becomes overly obsessed with them and scare them away and then takes her anger out on me and my brothers. I feel like she thinks she has to live up to being this hard and tough mom that does not let anything slide because that the type of mom sh had to grow up with and at this point it is a toxic generational curse and its sad.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X