No announcement yet.

running away to a different state to live with my aunt

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod1
    Hi there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing various forms of abuse from your parents. Unfortunately, we are not legal experts and also have no way of knowing what the exact outcome may be. However, our general knowledge of the matter is that if your parents were to file a missing person's report and report you as a runaway, the police may bring you back home to them if they find you. Your parents also may be able to press charges against the person you are living with for "harboring a runaway." Please know that these are possible scenarios and that again, we are unsure what exactly would happen.

    Please know that you have options regarding ways to report the abuse you are experiencing and you do not need proof to initiate the report. Some points of contact that may be useful for you to make a report could look like a school counselor or therapist, the department of child and family services in your area (CPS), or the non-emergency dispatch number for your local police. If you are at any point in imminent danger, we highly encourage you to contact 911 immediately.

    We would be more than happy to talk about the situation further with you and could provide you directly with resources in your area. You are welcome to contact us on our chat portal which can be found on our website at or you may contact us by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We recognize that you mentioned you are having to use the school computer, so if you do have time to chat us on there, you can reach out any time. Our services operate on a 24-hr basis. We look forward to the opportunity to talk further with you and wish you health and safety in the meantime.

    Warm regards,

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic running away to a different state to live with my aunt

    running away to a different state to live with my aunt

    I live in jersey and want to live with my aunt who is in New York. My parents has been physically and mentally abusive towards me but i have no evidence because i dont have a phone so i use my schools laptop. But its going to be returns in a month when school ends. If i went to live with her and take my parents to court and explain how they have been abusive but dont have no evidence would it work or would i be sent back home??
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp