•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS), we are so glad that you did. We understand that it takes great courage to discuss these personal topics, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what is going on. From the information you shared, it sounds like your parents know about your sexuality and I’m sure it can be isolating feeling like your parents wouldn’t support you. If they are planning to have a conversation with you about what they found in those books, this could be a good opportunity to have an open and honest conversation with your parents about what being queer means to you, and how these books have helped you feel supported through that process. We understand that these conversations can be extremely difficult to have, and we want to help you feel comfortable going into that and in general, through this challenging time. If you would like to talk in more detail, practice what you might say to your parents, or obtain more specific resources, please contact our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). In addition to our hotline, you could also reach out to the LGBT National Help Center through their website (www.glbthotline.org) or by phone: (88 843-4564 ( Hotline) or (88 246-7743 (LGBT National Youth Talkline).

If you would like to reference some other stories, FAQs and Resources regarding LGBTQ, coming out, and how to navigate these conversations you can visit sexetc.org (Stories (sexetc.org)). We wish you the best of luck during this process, and hope you reach out again soon!

Best,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Scared of being queer

Scared of being queer

My parents don't really scare me, but they kind of do, and they recently found some books with queer characters in them and plan to "talk to me" about it. We've clashed a lot in the past, and they know I'm, y'know... Does anyone have any tips? They're very homophobic and I'm not sure if running away is the best option.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X