•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod0
    replied
    Re: my mother is smothering me

Thank you for your response back. It sounds like it would be tough to make a report when your family views him as the “star” of your family. We are sorry to hear that you feel like you are the problem child. It sounds like you don’t feel supported by your family. You had mention that you don’t feel like you have any adult figures to confide in, however have you considered a teacher, neighbor or your boyfriend’s parents? We are glad to hear that your boyfriend is someone that you trust to talk to. It seems like this has become very hard for you that you have been crying yourself to sleep. It is understandable that you are just want to be free of all this that you have been experiencing.

We have given you some resources that may also be able to provide support to you. Here are their websites if you would like to view their page before calling.

National Suicide Hotline can help be a support if you are feeling sad or depressed or having suicidal ideation. http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/.

RAINN (Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network) can provide support regarding sexual abuse. http://www.rainn.org/.

Big Brothers Big Sisters may help with providing a one-on-one mentor for you. Their website is: http://www.bbbs.org/site/c.diJKKYPLJvH/ ... 6/Home.htm.

We want to let you know we are here for you! We are a 24/7 confidential, anonymous crisis line. We can help provide local resources/referrals, help with conference calling, discuss options in more detail and be someone to listen to you. We are not here to tell you what to do or what not to do. Our number is 1800RUNAWAY (786-2929). You are welcome to call at anytime and we look forward in talking with you!

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Reporting what my cousin did to me would cause great shame to my family for his the star of our family. to them he can do no wrong and to them i am the prpblem child. eventhough i do not have anywhere to go like i said anywhere would be better than here. i can stay with a friend or something, just as long as i do not have to deal with my mom anymore. i cry every night asking GOD to take me away from this place as far as he can take me. it would nto matter just as long as i am free. and as for talking to my boyfriend he would want me to stay here to be with him and me telling him that i want to leave would just hurt him. which is something i do not want to do to him, because he is one of the few people who knows what i have been through and is really there for me when i really need someone.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    replied

Hello,

We commend you for taking the time to write to us at this time. As a confidential crisis line, we take pride in being here for you when you need us the most. You are not alone. We see life has taken a down turn lately for you but it sounds like you have a great relationship with your partner. It is good to hear that you have someone to reach out to when you are feeling down.

What your mother has been saying to you is certainly not fair. No one deserves to be treated this way. We imagine it must be hard for you to not have balance in your life with so little family support inside and outside your home. Have you thought about speaking to another family relative or friend about the matter? How are you coping with all these changes lately?

We empathized with all that is happening and wish for you to give us a call directly at 1800RUNAWAY if you need a listening ear or to speak on other options. You said that you have thoughts of suicide. What sort of feelings triggers these thoughts and do you plan to commit suicide again? There is a number you can call for support if you continue to have these feelings. It is called the National Suicide Hotline at 1800-273-TALK (8255). This is an agency that seeks to offer support and referrals in your area for you to get some adult perspective on the issue.

You said that your mother does not know how these name callings are affecting you. Do you think it will be helpful for her to know that? Do you feel it is worth speaking with her about it? Have you talked to anyone at school about the matter? The one issue to remember is if you are risk to yourself or others, teachers or counselors are expected to bring this to the attention of your parents. Will you feel confortable if a teacher or counselor spoke to your mother? It must be harder now to reach out to others when those you shared these things with are no longer here. It sounds like you crave some adult perspective.

We are here for you if need to reach out to help put things into perspective. We are confidential and anonymous. Have you ever considered going to counseling? We are not in the position to tell you what to do but we have a database with lots of resources if you need info on counseling or local support groups. If you are looking for an organization for support with what happened with your cousin, RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network) at 1800-656-4673 is the sort of agency that you can count on to get you support and information on ways to cope as well.

We heard you said you wish to run away or it could result in some other circumstance. Are you able to speak to your boyfriend to get his perspective and together figure out what is right for you? Do you have a safe plan? Where do you think you will go and how will you survive? We also have shelters in our database in case you are stranded and needed a safe place to turn to. You can reach us anytime from a payphone for free. The one thing to note is that shelters are required to call home for consent for you to stay. It might lead to your mother finding out where you are at that point.

You have been through a lot and you are the survivor. Your mother and cousin are not supposed to do these things to you. Although we are confidential, we are also mandated to report abuse. Have you ever thought of reporting what happened? We are here if you choose to take action in any way. We await your call and we hope you stay strong. Good luck.

-NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic my mother is smothering me

my mother is smothering me

I have been living with just my mother for the past 10 years and since it has been just me and her everything has changed. she went from fun loving and caring mother who i could talk to a mean bitter person who i cannot stand being in the same room with. we have been going back and forth about how i should live my life for the last 3 or 4 years and nothing seems to be getting better. since my grandparents past away it has been worse because they raised me for half of life and i have no real adult to talk to. my mom just makes me feel ailienated from my family. she constanly tells me how worthless i am how dumb i am especially when i mess up in school. she does not know how stressed and depressed i am. all of these built up emotions and abuse. In addition to my cousin molesting me has caused my to try to commit suicide a few times, becuase feel like there is no one out there to help me. i feel like i am so far gone that no one can save me from myself not even my boyfriend who has been one of the few people who i have partially expressed all of this to. i dont know what to do anymore i just want to leave be it body bag or my just running away i just cant take this life anymore. i need help.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X