•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really stressful to live at home in that situation. Know that you deserve to feel safe in your home.

You mentioned that your mom accuses you of doing things you haven’t done and says hurtful things. No one deserves to be treated that way and feel stressed out about living in their home. If you feel unsafe at all, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You also have every right to report any abuse that is happening in your home. If you feel like that’s an option you want to explore, this website might be helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/ . You can also give us a call and we can help you file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It might also be a good idea to explore options like staying with another family member or someone you trust.

You also mentioned self-harm and feeling mental pain. It can be really hard to live with mental health struggles and we want you to know that you are not alone in addressing them. If you’d like additional support, an organization that might be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or text them by sending NAMI to 741741. Another agency that could be of help is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You can contact them by calling 1-800-273-TALK or go on their website suicidepreventionlifeline.org to use their chat feature.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth or explore more options that might be available to you, don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking the “CHAT” button at the top of our homepage. We are open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic my mom hates me and i want to die

my mom hates me and i want to die

my mom hates me and that makes me hate myself. she always tells me that having kids was a mistake and that she shouldn't have had me or my siblings. she doesn't understand how much those words hurt. she constantly accuses me of hanging out with boys when i go to the store for her, when the truth is, i have absolutely no friends at all, i have no one to talk to or to hang out with, i haven't seen any of my school friends in ages and i probably never will but who cares. she says that i'm sneaky and i sneak out to see boys, never did that a day in my life. she also accuses me of poisoning her food on a daily basis, i never once did that either. i don't think she understands how much it hurts to tell someone they're doing something that they're really not. i haven't had a single thought about doing that ever. she says i'm jealous of her. why would i be jealous of my mom? that doesn't make any sense. everything i say or do is a lie. she asks me to check the mail and when i come upstairs with nothing because it's literally empty, she says i'm lying about that too. i wouldn't lie to my mom, the only person out there that knows i'm not lying is god, and it's not like he's going to come down and tell her that i'm telling the truth, even if that did happen, she would still say i'm lying. i want to run away. i hate myself. i've slit my wrist more than fourteen times trying to deal with the emotional and mental pain i've been going through for the past two years. i don't know what to do anymore at this point. whenever i go outside i get the sudden urge to run into the middle of the street so that i can get hit and die. all i want is death. i can't take it anymore. i'm done. she always talks about how good my older brother is and how proud of him she is because he respects her. i do too. she says he's so successful and he's the only one who cares about her. i want to get a job so maybe she'll be proud of me too, no one has ever said that to me before. she says she's going to kick me and my little brother out to go live with my dad, i don't wanna do that. i don't know why i wrote all of this when this is just gonna keep continuing, this was a waste of my time, i just want to bleed out and die, maybe somebody will care then.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X