Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom kicked me out now she wants me back

hi i’m 18 and my mom yelled at me , called me out of my name hit me and left a big bruise on my arm all because i was cramping and couldn’t do what she wanted me to do right away then she tried to punch me in my face and i threatened to call the police so she kicked me out and i went to a friend’s house and their mom said i could live with them now i’m trying to take the things that i paid for to my friend house and she won’t let me and shes trying to make me come back home but i don’t want to and i don’t have to because i’m 18 but my friend’s mom doesn’t have papers and my mom said if i don’t come home she’s going to call the police on my friend’s mom what should i do?

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. We are sorry that your mom was abusive with you. We imagine that was a very painful situation. You deserve to be treated with love and respect! We are so glad to hear that you found somewhere to go and are now living in a safe environment. In most states, the legal age to leave home is 18, so if that is the case in your state, your mom would have nothing to report to the police about your friend's mom. As far as papers go, it's unlikely that any papers are needed for you to stay at your friend's house. However, It would probably be a good idea to take any identifying papers that you may have at your mom's house such as your birth certificate, social security card, state ID or License and any passport or legal documents as well. If your mom isn't allowing you to take your things or your identifying information, it may be a good option for you to call your local non emergency police department and ask what steps you can take to get your things back. Also, we may be able to help and provide more resources if we have a little more information about your situation . We'd be happy to talk with you more if you think that would be helpful. We are glad that you reached out to NRS today. We hope this response was helpful. Please reach back out if we can be of anymore help. You can also chat live with us at www.1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-runaway. Wishing you all the best.
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X