Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My story

I am very well aware that this forum is mostly for western people. There are only few people who are unaware that kids and teens are facing more crisis in Asian countries than others.
    I am a 15 year old girl from India who is trying to run away to US since last 3 years. I want to go there, change my identity and do what all I want to do in my life. My parents are quite unbalanced.Being with a toxic mom who just knows how to abuse has been eating me alive since last 6 years. My dad is quiet good, he is supportive and kind but yet..the story is quiet different. They BOTH want me to just follow their old fashioned rules.Do whatever they say, just like a command. If I would do some sort of mistake, it's just.. a pile of abuses and scoldings come over me. And not just that, even getting beaten up with many things. There are many different past events which are dreadful and hence I won't be able to share you all.

I don't have a visa, my passport has expired, I am trying some way out but it isn't working. I am brave enough to travel and live all by myself. They just call an under 18, a kid..but we all are aware that our decisions are not so "kiddish" and we are quiet mature to have or lose what all we want.

I want you all to give me a way out to get there. I want to come US and then crush this old identity of mine. I'll find a way of income, rent an apartment and then study in high school using my own money. I don't want to love with my parents, I don't want to live in this home. As far as I have found, US high schools start their academic years in August - September so I am expecting my fly to US latest by June. I will require one month to settle down and collect money for my academics.
    So I hope you all to provide me some guidance so that I could make it there. The main problem is that the passport renewal and visa application requires parents consent which I am unable to afford.. Please help me out. I would be thankful.
    Thank you

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community-based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X