Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i call cps

Hi shadow again, i keep losing the pages. anyway, like i said, my parents yell alot, to the point i want to die or jump infront of a train. i have self harmed before, i try not to but i blank and fall sometimes, i hurt myself recently, but my parents took my phone so i cant call for help. i'd have to use a home phone, a major thing is: do i need to call cps? a large issue is im only 13.

i consulted some friends and they said i should but im still not sure. you can contact me at [redacted] (this page is confusing, so just contact me there plz.)
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 03-21-2022, 06:46 PM.

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like there’s been a lot going on at home—we are sorry to hear that your parents yell often. Our physical environments can have a huge impact on our mental health and well-being. We want to let you know that we take thoughts of self-harm, suicide, and suicidal ideation very seriously. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services. For additional information on what it could look like to contact your local Child Protective Services (CPS) it may be helpful to check out Childhelp National Abuse Hotline at https://www.childhelp.org/ or 24/7 via phone at (1-800) 4-A-Child or (1-800) 422-4453.

We are glad to hear that you have been able to talk to your friends about how you have been feeling. We know it can be difficult to talk about, but would you be open to talking to your parents or a trusted adult about what has been going on lately? Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X