i dont know what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont know what to do

I’m left alone 99% of the time, and if I didn’t know how to take care of myself don’t know where I would be and don’t get along so good with my mom and brother and I don’t know what to do.. To me it’s really bad and when I tell someone they say will u have nothing to worry about..But I’ve been think about running away.. And I would have already if I knew where to go..The problems are I have abatement, depression, and other problems’ just don’t know what to do....And ever scents my dad died in 2008 its been like these. can anyone tell me what to do.

Re: i dont know what to do

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard for support. We are sorry to hear that you dad passed away. That must have been very hard on you. We want you to know that you are not alone and that we are very glad that you wrote. Are you feeling Safe? It sounds like you are trying to make sense of a very difficult situation.

We feel for your situation because you do not deserve to be left alone without proper supervision at your age. It seems like you have a good grasps on where you want to be and not be but at the same time wishing for more that is rightly due to you. It is more than just not having anything to worry about here. You obviously have much to think about and need to the proper guidance to help figure these things out.

We imagine it must make you feel frustrated when you want people to understand what you are going through but only to hear that you have nothing to stress about. Do you take any sort of medication for your depression? Is this the reason why you do not want to leave? We imagine it might be hard to locate medication when you are away from home when you are so young. However, you do have the right to emergency room treatment even if you are away from home. It still means that your parents reserve the right to consent to certain treatment.

Do you think your mother will call you in as a runaway? Running away is not illegal but if someone harbors you, that is illegal. It sounds like you do not know where you can go. There are options but they can be limited to you since you are a minor. A shelter is one option for where you can stay but they need consent for the most part after a while. You can stay for a night or two but that is not always the case. Do you have a safe plan?

We are a 24 hour a day hotline. We can be reached at 1800RUNAWAY. We are confidential and anonymous. We do not speak to your parents about your situation. If you wish to call us directly, we want to hear from you and offer you our support. We wish you all the best. Please stay strong. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

no i dont take anything b/c everyone is gone no one but me and my boyfriend that has dep.. problems know and i think i would know where to go i have a older sister in MS and a older brother that is my moms stepson in CA..By the Way im 15

Comment

Hello,

We are glad to see you've reached out so soon. It seems that your situation now is one that might need some sort of involvement either from the police or possibly Child Protective Services. Have you thought of calling the police or even going to a local hospital is you are in need of assistance?

When you say that everyone is gone, it sounds like you are saying that you have been made to live alone without supervision. Where did everyone go? We wondered if you are also saying that your siblings have left you to go through these things on your own. We empathize with that issue because it must be hard to go through these things on your own.

It is good to hear that you have some support from your boyfriend even though he is going through a hard time as well. Do you keep in touch with your siblings in these different places? How would you get to them? You are still a minor and that limits your access to certain resources and places you can stay without the consent of your guardian.

We still wish to hear from you over the phone if you are able to find time. We are 24 hours and confidential. We want you to know that you are not alone and what we wish to be there for you. The post on this page is mainly to get a sense of your situation but calling us directly gives you the chance at getting more support and a listening ear. We look forward to hearing from you soon. We hope you stay strong. Good luck.

-NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X