Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 and so done.

Ok, so, I'm thirteen and am stuck with my abusive parents. They manipulate, gaslight, disrespect my boundaries, and have overall made my life hell. I have 2 friends who also want to run away who are both my age, and I need a way to leave because I have 3 years until I can apply for emancipation (which my parents would not support) and 5 years until I turn 18, and I refuse to be stuck here any longer. My mental health is debilitating, and I have tried to overdose 3 times, at least. Does anyone have any legal ways to escape (preferably without them knowing) or tips for running away? ty all

Thank you for reaching out it take a lot of courage to do that first step. It understandable to be frustrated when people are treating you in a way that is not emotionally supportive. It is great that sounds like you have friends that you can talk to this about. You mentioned that you and few of your friends are considering running away a few things to consider is how are you going to pay for things, where are you going to stay, what going to happen with school among other things. Mental health is important to anyone state of being and a great resourced to consider is SAMHSA’s National Helpline (1-800)-662-4357 they offer 24/7 treatment referral and information service for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders. Another great resource to use is the National Suicide Prevention Hotline (800) 273-8255 whenever you feel that things are too much remember you are not alone and there are people who want to listen and be there for you no matter what. Childhelp provides the ability to report abuse if you feel that is a step that you are interested in pursuing, and they can be reached at (800) 422-4453. Finally, there is National Safe Place to use this resource you text the word safe to 69866 and provide your location as well and it will give you the closest safe place in your area. We are 24/7 and always here to help either through chat or 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Stay safe and stay strong.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X