Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• struggling

i hate christmas i hate being at home with my parents they shout all the time my mom encourages me to kms and says lots of like horrible stuff to me regularly my dad just ignores this but also shouts and i can't just have one good day without crying and feeling terrible idk what i'm supposed to do for he whole month i can't & i have absolutely no one to talk to ://///

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline, we hope to help the best we can. It sounds like your parents, especially your mom, has said some extremely hurtful things to you and you don’t know how to cope being home for the holidays. First and foremost, you do not deserve to suffer with any verbal and emotional abuse, especially regarding suicide. We at NRS want you to know that is never OK, and your safety is our number one priority. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services. Another great resource is NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) which is another 24/7 information service for individuals facing mental and emotional distress. They can provide referrals for local treatment facilities, support groups, community based organizations, and free publications. NAMI's phone number is 1-800-950-NAMI (6264), or you can text NAMI to 741741. Their website is www.nami.org .

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by forum to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance.

Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X