17 Girl and Pretty much useless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 Girl and Pretty much useless

I am 17, and I live in a suburb near chicago, I have no money and I have an incredibly hard time getting a job because I am slightly learning disabled (enough to make school really difficult). I dont come from an abusive home and my parents are trying but there are a few problems. There are CONSANT arguments, about stupid things like my being depressed or anxious for not a valid reason. I have also had literally all my friends I have ever had either abandon our friendship or they used me. My motives for running away are the constant fights, they question my every move, i never make the "smart" logical" or "right" or "christian" decision. i feel like i still dont get to make any choices, i was adopted and i came from a family where no one went to college, my adoptive parents i have now i have lived with my whole life but they are really smart PhD's and the other a masters. They have tried to help taking me to hospitals and doctors but NO medication has worked of the many years and kinds I have tried. I also cant trust any of the therapists I have had. I love my family and my little brother, but I cant see ANY future for myself. I want to please them but I just cant. I feel like I am at a breaking point for myself and that I am a just an annoying, lowlife, disappointment. I dont like being so closely watched and I feel so so so alone. I have attempted suicide before and I would do it again but I am afraid I will go to hell. I feel running away is the best thing for my family and possibly a start for me maybe rocky though. No one believes I am depressed, I have thought about it for years but my parents threatened me with the police (they always threaten to call the police). I need an out from all the constant stress, I know I am sick but no one will listen and my family cant afford to help me much anymore. Im sorry this is so long but I need advice, i know its not the safest thing but I am willing to take the risk for sure, my question is can I be arrested for running at 17?

Re: 17 Girl and Pretty much useless

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Sorry to hear about the way things have been and are presently going for you. It sounds like you are very strong person. It seems that you have tried to make improvements by going to hospitals and having visitations with therapists. Sorry to hear that both hasn’t worked out so good. You mentioned that you couldn’t trust any of the therapists you have had, are these therapists recommended by your parents or someone else. Have you ever tried to locate a therapist of your choice to see if that may make a difference with your ability to trust him or her?

It has to be pretty tough to feel like you have reached your breaking point especially at such a young age. Are you currently feeling suicidal? Is there anyone that you feel comfortable with to speak about how you have been and are feeling? You can always call us or contact the National Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-TALK) if you need to talk about anything.

It has to be very difficult to focus or function properly with having so much stress to deal with. Sorry to hear that no one seems to be listening and that your family is no longer able to afford to help anymore. And there’s no need to apologize about the length of your bulletin, we are pleased to read it and assist any way we can. We don’t provide advice but we can definitely explore and go over possible options with you.

In general, running away may not always be the safest thing but we can provide you with as much information and resources to try and keep you as safe as possible. You can call us at 1800RUNAWAY and we will be more than happy to assist you with locating local resources.

In most states, running away is considered a status offense (like truancy, curfew violation). Generally if a runaway report is filed it is entered into a police database. If a Youth who has run away comes into contact with the police, the police will be able to run your name to determine if you are a runaway. In most cases, the Youth is then returned home to his or her legal guardians. Laws do vary by state, so it is always best to contact your local authorities to find out their policies/laws. You may be able to obtain more information by dialing your local non-emergency number for the police department.

Hope the information provided is useful! Also, you may contact us at 1800RUNAWAY if you need any additional assistance or provide more information so we could discuss and explore possible options. We are a confidential and anonymous hotline and are available 24/7. We look forward to hearing from you and we wish you the Best of Luck!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X