Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Hi, please call me AJ, I live in a homophobic and toxic household and ik it's not that deep but that's why I'm planning to run away asap. I'm bisexual and gender apathetic but I know damn well I will get shamed and kicked out when I come out which is why I'm already planning to runaway. I'm from the Philippines and I'm planning to go to Minnesota to enroll to a boarding school but I just wanted to know if I could enroll myself w/o a legal guardian or parent. I'm already planning to save up and I have all the stuff I need packed. I also have more questions but they sound dumb so I rather just search it up. That's all, thx (btw idk how this works so please forgive me if I did sumn wrong or posted on the wrong thing)

Hi AJ,
    thank you for reaching out to us. No one deserves to be shamed or kicked out for being who they are. No question that you have is a dumb question. We are here to support you as best we can.

We are not legal experts but can provide some information that could be useful for you to know. The National Runaway Safeline is in the United States of America. Our knowledge of laws is limited to the U.S. You could consider using this link to find a youth help line in or around your country of origin: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

In the U.S if you are a minor, your guardian can submit a runaway report. This means that you would be classified as a runaway and anyone you stay with could get into legal trouble for harboring a runaway.

We would recommend you reach out to a trusted adult about the situation. This could be a teacher or other family member like an aunt or uncle. If you do not have an adult that you trust, you could consider reaching out to a local resource using that link provided. They may be able to better support you and the laws that affect you in the Philippines.

We hope that helped and we wish you the best of luck
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X