Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If i have a solid plan to move in with my boyfriend can my mom still call the cops?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If i have a solid plan to move in with my boyfriend can my mom still call the cops?

Im 17, early graduate and my boyfriend just turned 18...i have a job and a little over $1000 in a savings account. I want to leave, my parents make me feel like a maid or just simply an enotional aid at times and i dont feel like i belong here anymore. Their idea of spending time with me is giving me chores to do or babysitting our puppy. My boyfriend and I took a trip to where we want to move and everything financial has been thoroughly planned out. Even if i cant provide for myself all alone, would I still be able to file for Emancipation with the intent of being with my boyfriend but still having money to sustain myself and my needs?

Hello!

We are sorry to hear your parents treat you like that. It sounds like you want to move out and would like to know more about the emancipation process. Emancipation is a long legal process that would also be costly. You would need money for a lawyer and also be able to prove that you can support yourself. If you are still in high school that may be hard to prove. You mentioned you are 17, if you only have a few months before turning 18, it may make sense to wait and move out then. Another option could be is to find an adult that your parents would let take you in for a little while.

We are sad to hear you don't feel like you belong at home. If you ever want to talk more to us about what you are going through, please don't hesitate to reach out to us vis chat or our phone lines 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Best of luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X