Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappy with Family

im depressed around my own family and their idea of spending time with me is giving me chores to do and dont let me go out and when i do im "just trying to get away from them" and its making my own life and my boyfriends awful, how do i try to talk to them?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline! We first want to commend you on your bravery for reaching out and asking for help; it takes a lot of courage. We are sorry to hear that your family is treating you this way. Home is a place where you should feel safe, supported, and loved.

Talking with family members may be difficult. Sometimes, writing down everything you are feeling in a letter may be beneficial, that way you can get everything you are feeling out on paper without them trying to interrupt you.

Another option is if you would like, is a service that the NRS offers, which is a conference call with a parent or guardian. After you call and speak with an NRS crisis counselor, we would then call out to your parent and have a three-way call. Since a trained crisis counselor would be on the line, we make sure that the call is productive and respectful and that you are supported. You can reach us at our 24/7 toll free hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY.

You mentioned experiencing feelings of depression. A potential resource to reach out to is NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness at www.nami.org or call their hotline at 1-800-950-NAMI (6264). NAMI is a service that can provide information, resources/referrals, and provide support to those living with mental health conditions.

If you would like to talk with one of our crisis counselors further, please feel free to reach out to us at either 1-800-RUNAWAY or livechat with us at www.1800runaway.org. We are available 24/7 and are always here to listen.

Stay Safe!

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X