Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 16 and I would love to not live with my parents

I am 16 and have little to none freedom. My parents tell me no for everything, I wasn’t even allowed to pierce my ears. I got a friend to do it. They constantly yell at me and comment on my weight. They even threaten to throw water on me in the morning and have. My dad has thrown things at me and screamed at me for everything, like not closing my door, for leaving my door closed, and that he could hear my music through my earbuds. My mom blackmailed me when I went for a walk after an argument. She said that she’d call the cops on me. I told her when I’d get back and that I wouldn’t do anything illegal and she still didn’t budge. They keep tightening the rules and my mom now decides to sit through all of my therapy appointments, and I’m too scared to tell her no. On my birthday since I didn’t thank her immediately, she got my dad to pull me aside and yell at me for not thanking her. I want to leave and live somewhere else but I can’t figure out how to do that without parental permission.

Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out; we are glad that you did. It sounds like things are really stressful and awful for you there between the control and monitoring your parents do and the verbal and emotional abuse that it sounds like you are suffering through. You don't deserve to be treated this way at all, and we are very sorry for what you are going through. Having her sit in on your therapy is awful, because the one place you might have gotten help to cope with this is cut off from you. Maybe it would be possible to slip a note to your therapist saying that you don't want her there. You don't deserve any of what is happening to you. At all.
    But we do our best work when we can have a conversation with you, and this public forum doesn't allow for that. You can reach us 24/7 at our live services: the phone hotline is 1-800-RUANWAY (-800-786-2929) or live chat via this website. This way we can listen and support and perhaps discover the options that you do have.
    We truly hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X