No announcement yet.

i want to run away but im scared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My family just doesn’t care for me anymore and they judge me for my lifestyle, weight and looks my siblings abuse me and it hurts but I just feel like leaving but I’m scared.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You don’t deserve the mistreatment you have been getting from your family. It’s not your fault that this is happening.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

Ok want to run away from my mum for a reason I'd rather not say.my mum and dad live in the same town though I'm just a 10 girl and I don't know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a difficult situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything.
      Sometimes things can become a bit confusing and frustrating and you’re not sure what to do. Reaching out was a very brave thing to do. Good for you.
      NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.

We are here to listen and here to help.
      Let us know how we might be of assistance. If you would like to talk about your situation we can best help by phone or chat. Please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) orwww.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
      NRS

i live in foster care. my mom is doing fine with staying clean, but if she is homeless. I really want to leave my house. i want to run away so i can help her. im also depressed because i feel unwanted and unexepted because of being gay. i hate my life

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The national Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you and your mother are going through a difficult time right now. It is great that you are trying to help your mother. You may want to consider if leaving would be the best way to help your mom, because then you both may end up homeless.
      For your depression you may want to consider talking with a therapist or a school counselor. Another good resource that may be helpful would be NAMI (national alliance for mental illnesses. They can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI.
      We hope that this information will be helpful in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The national Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you and your mother are going through a difficult time right now. It is great that you are trying to help your mother. You may want to consider if leaving would be the best way to help your mom, because then you both may end up homeless.
      For your depression you may want to consider talking with a therapist or a school counselor. Another good resource that may be helpful would be NAMI (national alliance for mental illnesses. They can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI.
      We hope that this information will be helpful in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

I'm starting to feel unloved. my mom will never stop being mean and its starting to hurt what are the natural supplies that I need. I'm a little scared to any advice

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      First of all, thank you so much for reaching out to NRS today - it is very brave of you. This situation sounds really lonely and isolating! You do not deserve to be treated disrespectfully by a parent and we are so sorry you feel unloved.

It sounds like you might have some specific questions that you want to ask us, look maybe for some safe places nearby, or even find a place to vent about what you are feeling right now. It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. Please rest assured that we are completing confidential. So anything that you share with us will stay between us.

You can also always use our chat service to have a more in depth conversation and explore a few more options for the situation. We can talk through the situation and try to help in the best way we can. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY and our website is https://www.1800runaway.org. This service is available 24/7. It can be difficult to reach out for help, and we are happy to be here for you. Best of luck.

Hello I am 18 years old and for the past years I have been severely depressed and unhappy with my life here living with my toxic family who try’s to shape me into the perfect person and any mistake I made I’m constantly getting put down verbally and emotionally abused saying how useless I am and that they don’t need me. I am nothing to these people and I just want to leave this life behind and start new I want to feel happiness again and feel like I matter but I can’t and won’t unless I leave this family and life behind please. I’m scared to runaway. I have family in Georgia I have a plan but I’m scared to leave. But if I don’t then I don’t know what will happen to me. I just want to be free. Help me please my family can’t know.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks for reaching us out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you are going through a difficult time at home, and we are here to help in any way that we can.

You mentioned that you are constantly verbally and emotionally abused. Abuse is never okay, and no child should have to endure it in any form. Child Help is a resource for youth who are experiencing abuse at home. You can find more information at www.childhelp.org or by calling their hotline at 1-800-422-4453. If you are interested in filing an abuse report but want support, we are happy to help you with that process if you call into us here at NRS at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). If you ever find yourself in immediate danger, please call 911.

You said that you have been severely depressed as well. If you are interested in resources for your mental health, the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) offers support and resources to those in need of assistance. Their website is www.nami.org and they have a HelpLine at 1-800-950-NAMI (6264).

You discussed wanting to run away and said that you have family in Georgia but you are scared to leave. That is great that you have family that you trust and want to live with. Since laws vary by state, you can check the map on the Sex, Etc website - https://sexetc.org/action-center/sex-in-the-states/ - to see what the age of majority is in your home state. If you are no longer legally a minor, leaving home would not actually be considered running away. In Georgia, it looks as though you would be considered a legal adult at 18. Even if you are not a minor, leaving home can be scary and there are a lot of things to consider, like whether you want to continue with schooling and how you would get there. If you want any help talking through a plan to leave home to make sure it is safe for you, feel free to give us a call here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use or chat service on 1800runaway.org. We are a confidential service and available 24/7. Here to listen, here to help.

Best of luck,
      NRS

I want to leave home. I'm 15 years old and I've been in 4 foster homes. My life has never been easy but last year I got adopted by my ex-step-aunt. I hate it here. I'm always getting put down and I don't feel like I belong. My birth dad's in prison my only father figure said he wanted nothing to do with me and I have seen my birth mom for two years man. I came out to my adoptive parents as bisexual and my foster dad said he would trade me out and wanted me outta here ASAP. I want to leave but I haven't got a job, therefore, no money. I've tried on several occasions to leave but I can't, I haven't enough balls to step outside that door. Besides, I'm in Minnesota. IT'S WINTER. I'm scared out of my mind. My foster mom has got my phone so I just have my laptop. I don't know what to do but I do know, I can't stay here. I'm not going to put up with being told I'm not good enough to be here. I'm not trying to stay here man. All i need is a backpack and my longboard but i don't want people thinkin that "this girl ran from her problems"

Comment

I want to run away bc I got caught watching not so kid appropriate and I’m scared of what my parents are going to do to me bc I got in trouble before and my step dad hit me with a tennis pallet please help me

Comment

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. We know it can be difficult to seek help and we are glad you felt comfortable taking the step to contact us. It sounds like there has been a lot of instability for you and we cannot imagine how hard it has been to just grow up in the last couple years. We will do our best to respond to your post, however forums can be a difficult platform to discuss topics in-depth. We are always available for an online chat, www.1800runaway.org, or by phone, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Please do not hesitate to reach out to us, if you are in need of immediate assistance in either of these ways. You mentioned a lot in your post about the lack of care and support from your mother and father figure. You deserve to be heard and loved. We are glad that you are secure in your sexual orientation, despite the response by your step father about trading you in. The Trevor Project, www.TheTrevorProject.org, (866) 488-7386, is a fantastic resource for those who identify as LGBT. Speaking of going, you talked about wanting to leave home. It sounds like you have put a lot of thought into this already, but we would be happy to discuss in more detail about how it may look if you choose to run through our chat service or hotline. That being said, we are not legal experts, but would can give you some basic info. Running away is a status offense (no detention and no permanent record), but if your guardians were to file a report and the police locate you they will return you home. How strong the police response can depend on your age and other local factors. Making the choice to run is a huge one. Do not think less of yourself for fearing the unknown. For turning around at the door. But do remember there are resources available to you to make sure you have the support you need, regardless of the path you choose to take. Your well-being is of the utmost important and whether it is your physical or emotional health that is under siege you deserve to grow and live.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi I am scared I want to kill myself or run away but I am to scared that I will die I am a smart kid but my cusins abuse me I just got hit in my head 12 times

Comment

• ccsmod16
            ccsmod16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, thanks for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. You are going through something awful, and it shouldn't be happening to you. Your cousins don't have the right to hit you. It's understandable to feel like running from this. We very much want to help you find another solution than killing yourself. You deserve your life and a life free from this abuse.
            We can help you tell someone about this. Telling a parent or your cousin's parents might make it stop. We hope that you will reach out to us in a way that we can have a conversation. We have both a phone number and live chat.
            You can call us at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-runaway) or through live chat via www.1800runaway.org
            We truly hope to hear from you soon. We believe you and we are here 24/7 to listen and help.
            Sincerely,
            NRS
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X