No announcement yet.

I want to call cps or go to the police on my own mother

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to call cps or go to the police on my own mother

    I want to call or tell someone but everything thinks I'm dramatic because it's not physical abuse. I'm scared the police won't do anything and that my mother will actually kill me if she finds out it was me. I have a plan to leave when I'm 18 but I don't think I can wait that long. What can I do?

  • #2
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. Your situation sounds stressful and you deserve to be supported and treated with respect.
    We’re sorry you’re going through this. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Thank you again for reaching out to us. You are very strong. Feel free to reach out to us again anytime as we are available 24/7 and are completely confidential. You can also chat with us via the chat feature at
    Stay safe,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp