Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont know what to do

Ive never really had a great relationship with my mother and barely know my father. I cant stand being around my mother anymore and i want to leave, ive tried asking for help, and even went to my school therapist but they were no help at all, they just kept saying i should talk to her when i have tried multiple times but she completely ignores what i say or how i feel, i have lots of trauma from being in this place i call home and o cant stand the memories and emotional abuse i keep getting, yea she provides for me and what not but im always told i should do something for her in return when i always do something for her but she likes to yell at me and say i dont then also threatens me sometimes, she compares me to my older siblings and always says im gonna ruin my life and i have no plan for the future if i leave

im open to some advice

Hello,
    Thank you so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like home does not feel like a welcoming place and reaching out to the school therapist has not helped. You do not deserve to be treated this way. It must be frustrating when what you have to say is ignored or dismissed.
    What you have described sounds like it can be abuse, and you do have the right to make an abuse report. It might help to talk to a trusted adult about this. You can always call or chat with us if you would like to talk further about your situation and explore options. We cannot tell you what to do in regards to leaving, but we are here to listen and help you.

We are available 24/7 and would love to help them more directly through live chat on our website http://www.1800runaway.org/ or by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
    Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X