I'm 14 and I want to run away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 14 and I want to run away

I can't tell if this is a good or bad reason to run away but my story for this situation starts off Aug/29/2021 I'm 14 I live with both my parents a sister and 29 cats, of course living with this great deal of cats limits our money and food supply. If I getting anywhere with this I don't like the cats I want to go places, even a close by park, and not be stuck at home but with gas prices and the cats we can't get out much. I know I am not an adult to speak out for my parents tough situation but they were never good parents, for example in 5th grade I was taken away for a month due to my father's drug charges while we were at home. Another time my father got mad after Thanksgiving dinner and jumped out of the driver's seat, not giving my mother the time to grade the wheel and steer, we drove into an open mine field while he walked to a buddies house unharmed and stayed the night there. That's just one of the many terrible things my father has done to this family, on account of being taken to jail for over 6 months cause my mother, my sister, and myself a great deal of stress. I can give my mother the benefit of the doubt she takes care of the cats, kids, and house without my father to help, they both happen to have jobs that end around the same time, she's always tired but has to do something for anyone, even on her two days off out of the week my dad assigns her to pick him up stuff or help him om the job but she can't ask him to do anything because he's just a lazy bum. I don't want to leave my mother, but recently I noticed how my mother doesn't care about my sister and I. For starters it seems like talking about my problems to my mother cannot be done because the don't amount to hers and they're just childish, even though she doesn't say that you can feel it with her none responding voice when you tell her you just want to feel loved. Another thing about my mother is that acouple weeks ago my sister came out to us about her eating disorder and o seemed to be the only one to help her, later that day after my sister came out she brought out a few item to give to my mother to hide, scale, razor blades, etc., I also gave my four razor blades to her to hide, she asked if I had been cutting myself, which I had been, and left it there. A good parent would talk to their kid about the emotions their feeling to get them to cut themselves, but my mother just asked and left it there still hasn't brought it up since, though I feel bad that I want her too. I live 2 miles from a bus stop/pick up I've been planning to take some cash, my comfort stuffed animal, and any other items I will absolutely need. I just want some advice and someone to tell me they "love me" without it seeming like a chore to that person.

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to be vulnerable, and we appreciate you reaching out. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

It sounds like you are in an abusive and potentially neglectful living situation, and we’re glad you’ve come to us. Everyone deserves to feel supported and loved at home. If you ever feel unsafe at home, it’s always within your rights to report any abusive behavior, or unsafe living conditions. www.childhelp.org can be a great resource when looking to report abuse, and we can also assist you in filling out an abuse report if you call or chat us. If you need some help talking to your mom about how this living situation is affecting you, NRS offers a mediator service where we can help you talk to your mom over the phone in a nonconfrontational manner.

If you feel like hurting yourself, we would encourage you to reach out to a friend or another family member right away. A mental health professional is another good option for coping with feelings of self-harm. NAMI (national alliance on mental illness, nami.org) is an organization that can provide references that can offer coping mechanisms and a help you find a therapist if that is something that you are interested in.

If you would like to further discuss your options, we encourage you to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. If calling is not feasible, you can also chat us at www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope this helped and take care!

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X