Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a disabled 17 year old with a mentally abusive mother. how do I cope?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a disabled 17 year old with a mentally abusive mother. how do I cope?

I'm 17 and my mom keeps threatening to kick me out. every time I tell her that I'm more than willing to find a teen shelter, she flips out and calls me ungrateful. I'm disabled and transgender, and she holds all my treatments (mostly my hearing aids) over my head. how do I cope with this? I'm 18 in ten months, but I don't know where to even start since she won't allow me to get any sort of job.

Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are in such an unhealthy situation at home, Your mother should not be holding your treatments over your head. You mentioned that you don’t feel supported in your environment. You have the option to file an abuse report if you feel that you are not in a healthy environment at home and a representative will be able to come to your home and assess the situation. Further, I think it may be beneficial for you to text SAFE and your current location (address, city, state) to 44357* to work towards an immediate relocation to a safe and stable home. You can also visit their website nationalsafeplace.org.

We are extremely happy and proud of you for taking the necessary steps in contacting us for help. If you would like to talk to somebody at the National Runaway Safeline about your specific situation, we are here to listen and provide support 24/7! Our phone number is 1-800-RUNAWAY and we also have a live chat service via our website https://www.1800runaway.org/.

National Runaway Safeline | National Runaway Safeline

Call 1-800-RUNAWAY if you are thinking of running from home, if you have a friend who has runaway, or if you are a runaway ready to go home.

www.1800runaway.org
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X