There's so much hate here and I want out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's so much hate here and I want out

I'm 17 and I live in Kansas my dad's a truck driver and is never home and my step family makes me feel like I'm nothing. I feel stuck and I've wanted a way out for the past 12 years and I finally found a good one my girlfriend. Through the past 12 years there's been a lot of build up in emotions in the house hold. I've done a lot of dumb things but even when I was little I was the whipping post and it's still going on and things have gotten out of hand I want to know how much trouble legally my girlfriend can get in if I get to mad one night and am afraid someone either me or someone in my step family is going to get hurt I want to just leave for a few weeks and cool off if I can't just stay with her permanently.

Hi, thanks for reaching out; we are glad that you did. It sounds like things have been awful for you for longer than the 12 years you spoke of. Being without your dad in your step family, it sounds like you have a lot of stress and isolation in addition to being the whipping post. It's understandable that you want to get out. You don't deserve to have been treated this way by anyone, and we are glad that you have your girlfriend to understand and support you, but it's difficult to give you the personal and specific help that you need in this public forum space.
    We truly hope that you will reach out to us so that we can properly talk with you, and help you explore your options. You can reach us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or live chat through this website.
    We are here for you 24/7 to listen and help.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X