Running away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away

Hello.... Im 15 years old and decided to run away.. my older sister is 18+ and said she would pick me up but i dont have my dad's permission will my sister be in legal trouble for picking me up?

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you are going through a great deal, and we're glad you have your sister to talk to.

We are not legal experts, but generally when a minor runs away parents report it to the police. If the police locate you or know where you are, they generally will return you home. There is a possibility that harboring a runaway charges could be pressed on your sister for housing a minor. To our knowledge, those charges are not pressed often. However, it is definitely something to consider when deciding what options are best for you both. If you would like to talk further about what is going on or need help thinking trough options we are always here to support and provide resources whenever we can. You can contact us by calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or live chatting us through our website, www.1800runaway.org. We hope to hear from you soon!

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X