Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Away

Hi, I'm thirteen, I'd really like to leave my house. My parents are always fighting, they never stop. Recently my sister flew out of country to live with relatives, my younger sister has done the same, my father has left the country as well. Now my mother doesn't stop throwing the fact in my face. Constantly using phrases such as "Why didn't you leave with them?" "You wanna leave see if I stop you in fact I'll pack your bag for you." I can't do anything, she's always yelling. I can't leave the house because she tells me "Women aren't allowed to leave the house." Every time I sit down or attempt to do anything she goes ballistic, saying things such as "You're always sitting down...You're so useless you do nothing." She's not only taken my phone away but she's also constantly cursing me. A couple weeks ago, I'd been diagnosed with severe depression, the school called to tell my mom but she yelled at me and hit me a lot. Saying it was nothing "But a phase." I've tried multiple times to commit suicide, and end my life, but overdose doesn't work. I'm lost please I want to leave.

-Anonymous

Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out; we are glad that you did. What you are going through sounds awful and you don't deserve to be treated this way. You deserve your life and the pain you feel must be tremendous to have attempted suicide at least twice. You are so brave and clever to have found us and it takes a lot of courage to reach out and ask for help.
    We work best, if we can talk to you individually, rather than this public forum. We want to listen to you and help you figure out your options. You can reach out to us by calling our hotline at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or you can chat us through this website. We are here 24/7 so you can reach out when it is safe for you to do so.
    You can also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-2733 or you can chat with them with this link https://suicidepreventionlifeline.or...o-someone-now/ You matter. Your life matters and the lifeline is there to help you and we are here for you too.
    We truly hope that you will reach out to us by phone or chat when you have the time to talk it through and that it is safe for you.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X