No announcement yet.

I want to runaway

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to runaway

    Hi, I’m a girl who’s 13, from FL and want to runaway but I want to wait till I finish middle school to run away but I don’t want to go to high school but not here not even in the USA I just want to disappear from my family and go to Canada or maybe even a boarding school i just don’t want to see my mother getting with random men when im not around or my dad have ********ing sex with some girl. I just want to leave, I have until next summer then I’m going to high school and running away I mean I already have some money I just need to know how to get into Canada and into a school I really need to get out of this place.

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us, it sounds like things at home have been pretty overwhelming. You mention wanting to leave home, leave the country too. Here is some information about running away in general. 18 years old is generally the age that an individual may leave home without permission from their parent or legal guardian. We are not legal experts here but we can speak in general terms. If you are under 18 and leave home without permission, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with the police. What actions the police take once you are filed as a runaway can vary a lot from state to state and even city to city so we cannot predict exactly what would happen in your case. Generally speaking, if you encounter a police officer while reported as a runaway, you will likely be returned home. However, in that case there may be services (family counseling, etc.) available to you as a youth in crisis/runaway but again, police procedures related to offering those services can be different based on your location or the details of your situation. Another thing to consider is that while running away is not a crime, a legal adult who allows you to stay with them may be putting themselves at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway. One way to find out the laws in your area is to call your local police and ask what their policies are regarding runaway youth.

    In regards to you leaving the country, you will likely need a passport to go in and out of the country or cross international borders. It would be important to think of the costs of travel as well as the cost of where you will be staying. Within the US most school require a legal guardian to enroll you, but we can’t be sure how things might work in Canada.

    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); (click on the chat button).
    We hope to hear from you soon.

    Be safe and stay strong,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp