Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away

I'm 15 and wanna leave my mom's home because she is a acholic and a druggie I have friends who want to help me and my mom kicks me out everyday and says she doesn't and then does it again and I have been physically and mentally abused and told I'm worthless and etc and both my parents are useless we have done classes and everything and they haven't changed one bit and living with either parents I dont think I'll make it past my 16th birthday with either of them and I wanna attend school but idk how I'll get get the paperwork to enroll in ATL GA. And my mom has also gotten me arrested for something she did and told me to take the fall for it when I was only 13 so this is why I think my friends is the best place for.me what should I do for the paperwork for school??

HI, thanks for reaching out; we are glad that you did. It sounds like things have been awful at home for a really long time and that you have been very strong and brave to survive both of your parents.
    We do have a resource to help you with school. It's the National Center for Homeless Educational Helpline 1-800-308-2145, because if you go to your friends, you would probably be considered a homeless student and you have the right under a federal law, the McKinney/Vento Act, to enroll yourself in school.
    We are here for you and would like to talk with you about everything you are going through and have been through. You don't deserve any of it. We are very glad that you have friends that believe you and believe in you - that is what you do deserve.
    We hope you will reach out either by live chat through this website, or by calling our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).
    We truly hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X