Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im 13 and i want to run away

the name i want to be called is bee, despite my legal name being ****** and im considering running away.
    my parents used to beat me for anything i slightly did wrong, it doesnt happen as much nowadays but my dad still threatens me.
    he hurt me for the stupidest reasons and my mom keeps saying stuff like "what did i do wrong?" "am i a bad mom?" and she just makes me feel worse like i was a mistake
    she never does consider my feelings despite the words and whenever i try to talk to here about this she never listens but im going to email her and lock myself in my room until she is ready to negotiate the problems of this family
    my 11 year old brother has probably had it worse than me; i used to occasionally hear crying and screaming from my brothers room around when he was 8.
    if my plan of negotiating doesnt work ill likely run away and if the police find me and take me back home instead of a foster home i'd likely kill myself...
    ofc, i'd plan running away
    any advice?
    Last edited by ccsmod5; 06-18-2021, 08:07 AM.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, we understand it can be difficult to take that first step. We’re glad you did. You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your parents. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.

Please keep in mind, you can feel free to reach out to Child Help as many times as you would like and you are not obligated to report the abuse. If you want to ask questions and gather information that is perfectly okay as well.

It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change or you’re returned to the home after running away. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If police do find you or if you choose to contact them, you can tell them you do not feel safe returning home and they will help you get in contact with child protective services.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. We can try to help you find resources in your area if you decide to leave the home. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X