Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im overwhelmed at home an want to run away

At home ive been overwhelmed because my mom put me in a therapy foster home an the other kid with us is mean an the foster dad yells at me all the time when i do something wrong an dosent care the other kid keeps cusing me out an trys to fight me an i want to run away but i dont know where to go cause i want to leave forever but dont want to be caught by the police an taken to a boys prison cause thats what will happen if i get caught

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us, we understand it takes great courage to take that first step. We appreciate you sharing a bit of what has been going on lately. It sound like things in you home have been pretty frustrating. You mentioned having been placed in a foster home, an option may be to try to talk to your caseworker or social worker about what has been going on in the home. It is not okay for your foster parent to treat you poorly, you deserve to feel welcome and safe in your home. Another option could be Child Help. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. Although running away is illegal, it is not a crime therefore you would not be in any kind or trouble with the law. It is illegal simply because of age, but if you were to be caught you would not be arrested or have a criminal record, you would simply be brought back home or to the police station if you say you feel unsafe. You would not go to prison for running away.
    We hope this helps, please connect with us via chat or phone call if you would like to discuss this in more detail.

Stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X