Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know what to do

Things used to be so good at home. My parents and I got along. Now I feel like I'm only causing them trouble. I do nothing wrong. I don't do drugs nor drink, I stay out of trouble but they keep being strict with me. I feel like they hate me. I'm 17 years old and I've never felt this way before. i feel like if i were to leave, things would be so much better for them. I don't even know how to explain how i feel or who to talk to.

My dad took away my phone for not picking up his calls and hasn't given it back to me in a month. Yesterday I was suppose to be home at 9pm. I really did try being home on time but my boyfriend and I got into a fight before i left. I came home at 9:30 and now I can't go to my bestfriends birthday party today. I have to beg everytime I want to go out.

I feel like they're too strict on me for me reason. I do good in school and am a good sister. I don't think they have a reason for being so strict. It's like they don't trust me when I haven't done anything to lose their trust. I'm almost 18 and they treat me like a little girl.

I'm a strong person and I don't runaway from my problems but this time I really just want to leave.

Re: Don't know what to do

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Switchboard for some support. We are glad that you wrote to us. It sounds like you have been through a lot lately. It sounds like your father has been giving you a hard time. We want you to know that you are not alone and you can call us anytime, 24 hours a day for someone to speak to about ways to cope. We are confidential and anonymous. We can be reached at 1800RUNAWAY if you wish to speak to one of our liners. It can help to have someone to speak to about your stress and to vent a little.

Have you talked to anyone about what is happening at home? We are sorry to hear that you had a fight with your boyfriend and that made you late. It sounds like your parents have certain rules that they expect you to follow. What are the benefits of calling home when you are running late? Do you get appreciation for doing well? It is good to see that you are doing well in school and that ought to pay off in the end. Have you thought of joining extra- curricular activities to get out of the house more? It might help to have an outlet to release stress.

Trust issues, we imagine, can be a daunting thing to struggle with if you are tireless having to prove yourself. We want to help you figure out ways to speak with your parents. These things are never fair and you deserve a chance to be trusted. We wish you the best and hope we hear from you soon. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X