No announcement yet.

I need to runaway

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod15
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like your mom has been making it difficult to live at home by being emotionally abusive. First and foremost, if you ever need someone to talk with about how your mom is treating you a great resource is the Crisis Text Line, which is a free, 24/7 and confidential crisis line that is available online. A crisis counselor will respond immediately and help if you are feeling down or just need someone to talk to. Their website is and you can also message them through Facebook Messenger by messaging “HOME”.
    Secondly, it seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you may feel like running away.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parents may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with, including your dad if he is not your legal guardian, may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. If it’s possible to speak with your dad, maybe you, your mom, and your dad can work on an agreement for you to go live with your dad legally. For more specifics on the law in your local county, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions. If you are looking for legal aid help in your area, a great resource is contacting United Way by calling 211. United Way is a free and confidential service available 24/7 that you can contact to find local resources in your area.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe,

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic I need to runaway

    I need to runaway

    My mom is emotionally abusing me without realising it and I have no where to go. I mean I would go to my dad's but by walking he lives 1 day away and I don't have any money.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp