Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my mom

Although she provides for me and gave birth to me, I can’t stop finding myself hating her for different things she does. I’m always the one with an “attitude” to her when she doesn’t realize why I’m like this. She continually insults me without even realizing it. Different things she says or the way she acts really gets on my nerves, but last night was the last straw. I won’t get too far into details but she threatened to “knock me the ******** out” and “knock my head clean off of my shoulders,” I’m only 14 years old but I can’t stand staying in a house with her anymore. I’m tired and I need advice on what to do when I run away.

Hi, we’re glad you reached out, and we’re so sorry to hear that you’re having difficulties with your mom. We know how challenging and upsetting that can be. Although you don’t go into details about last night, we know that everybody makes mistakes, and no one deserves to be physically threatened, particularly by a parent. It sounds like you are considering running away, but we’re wondering if you have a counselor or someone you can talk with about what you’re going through. Please know that we are here 24/7 if you would like to chat or call; we’ll be happy to answer questions and try to provide resources that can help you. Our 24 hour confidential hotline number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and you can chat with us via our website: www.1800runaway.org. Good luck to you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X