I’m gay and my parents are homophobic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m gay and my parents are homophobic

I live in a very homophobic town and my parents are very homophobic. I am pan sexual and atheist. I have only came out to three people. I am constantly living in fear that my parents are going to find out. My dad has threatened to kick me out just for being disrespectful. They won’t let me get tested for depression, anxiety and ADHD which I believe I have. My mother has also said she does not want me to get mediated for ADHD because she says I would use it as a crutch. I am only 15 and can’t get a job so I have no money to buy anything if I do get kicked out which is very possible. I have no idea on what to do. Can anyone help me?

Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now, and we want you to know that you are not alone.
    It is unfortunate that you have to live in fear and your parents do not support you on your choices. We know you mentioned your parents not wanting you to get treated for your mental health, you could consider talking to a school counselor. They may be able to provide resources and talk to your parents on the importance of mental health awareness. A good resource for mental health that may help you is called NAMI (national alliance for mental illnesses). You can reach them at 1800-950-NAMI.

We know you mentioned the possibility of being kicked out, we are not legal experts but we do have some information. Because you are a minor, if you were to be kicked out it would be considered neglect, which is illegal. If you would like to make a report you can contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453.

We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X