•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod5
    replied
    Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out, we understand it can be a difficult step to take. We hope to help as best we can. We are very sorry for the stress you have endured in the home, you deserve to feel safe and welcome in your own space. If you think your dad might be receptive to some help, we could try and help find some family counseling services that could be helpful. It sounds like there have been some shifts in the family dynamic and it’s been difficult to get back to a good safe space. If you fear any harm might come to you or you become increasingly uncomfortable, you have every right to regain your safety and peace of mind by leaving the home. Especially if you have some people you think will support you. There are programs that help youth become independent and search for housing, we can help find a few of those for you as well if it sounds like something your interested in. In regards to your pets, it might be helpful to search some local shelters and ask if they offer services such as check-ups and shots for reduced prices. Some places have vets that are a bit cheaper, but still help you keep your pets healthy; this could help if you’re worried about carrying for them due to financial reasons.
    If you ever feel you are in any immediate danger, please don’t hesitate to call emergency assistance and dial 911. If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best.
    We look forward to hearing from you!

Stay strong,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic How to leave home?

How to leave home?

Hello I’m a desperate 19 year old living in NYC. For context I have two dads- one passed away when I was 17 and ever since then the other’s been in agressive downwards spiral. My friends, grandparents and I all believe he’s drinking or doing drugs, he’s emotionally abusive, distructive and he invites strangers into our house on whims, leading to stuff getting stolen, etc. i recently came home from college to my room having been emptied out, all my stuff shoved into bags and strewn throughout the house. I’m a very materialistic person, almost everything I own is very personal to me and I found out that some random guy had been sleeping in my room while I was gone. Not to mention the fact that my dad can barely string together a sentence half of the time cause he’s impaired. I desperately want to leave but I’m scared to because I have two dogs that I worry won’t get the care they need, only have 1,000$ in my bank and I’m also worried if I leave my father will follow up on previous threats of self harm.
    i can’t go to my grandparents as they live states away, but I might be able to get to a friends. I’m scared and don’t know what I’m doing, please help with any advice you can.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X