I'm 12 and I think I need to run away.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 12 and I think I need to run away.

I'm 12 and I feel that I need to run away from home. I feel that over the quarantine, my relationship with my parents has turned to complete toxicity. I feel that they see me as I am just an issue that they have to deal with all the time. Even after trying to make things better with them, we still always argue every day, and it has gotten to the point that most of the normal conversations I have with my family turn into arguments. Whenever we argue, they always get insanely angry at me and act as if they are the victims of the situation when they aren't. Every day, I get more and more hurt by the feelings of hurt and emotional abuse that I have to put up with to the point that I have thought about running away many times a week and killing myself almost every day. After doing a lot of research on my own time, I have noticed that my relationship with my parents has caused me to have severe depression and anxiety. I feel that due to these issues, I think running away would help me not feel this way as much and free me from how I am feeling today. At the same time, I don't have any resources or money to take with me to run away and I would end up in a bad situation quickly. I am not sure whether to run away, but I feel that I need to or else my thoughts will turn worse and worse every day until I end up killing myself.

Hi there,

We are glad you reached out to us for help. Things sound very stressful with your parents and it makes sense you are thinking about running away to get some relief. While it is normal to have suicidal thoughts in times of incredibly high stress like you describe, we want to work with you to address that and help you manage those thoughts.

You are right about getting into trouble quickly being a real possibility at 12, with no money and no resources. It is great you are considering those issues and concerns. There are resources we can help you access to help you. We need some more details about your situation and would like to talk more with you about a plan going forward. You deserve a supportive and safe home life.

You can start a chat through our website or call our crisis hotline at (800) RUNAWAY. Both are available 24/7 and are completely confidential. We hope to hear from you soon.

Stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X