Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm scared and I don't know what to do

I'm kinda scared to run away but, I need to. My dad constantly abuses me by physically overpowering me and beating me up (punching, kicking, etc.). I don't know where to go when I leave, I've called the hotline, and I still don't have an alternative solution. I have 3 younger siblings (11,[F] 8[M], and 3 [F]). He does the same thing to my younger sister (11), but it's not as severe because (in his words not mine) "I'm the oldest, so I can take it". I know, I have to run away, but I don't know where to go, I don't have too long because we are moving soon, (which is why I have to leave now). My current zip code is -----, does anybody know any safe places/spaces I can go to?
    Last edited by ccsmod16; 05-17-2021, 10:26 PM. Reason: Removed zip code.

Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out; we are glad that you did. It sounds you and your sister are being physically abused by you father, and you feel like you should run away. It's understandable to feel that way, because neither you nor your sister deserve this, and we do want you to be safe and off the streets.
    It sounds like when you called, there doesn't seem to be a shelter in the zip code you provided. One thing you can try is going to your local fire house, where the firemen/women are and tell them you need a safe place. They should then reach out to your state's Child Protective Agency. You have been very brave to reach out to us by phone and you have survived so very much.
    We can talk this over if you chat us through this website or call us again at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY).
    We truly hope to hear from you again soon.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X