Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 17 and I’m Tired of my family

I’m 17 and I constantly say to hold out till I’m 18 but idk if I can make it that long, Everyday is worse I don’t get along with my dad cause he’s a deadbeat drug addict that thinks anything I say and do is disrespect and a attitude and he constantly tells me I shouldn’t do that cause he’s the dad but he never was a dad to me, my moms in rehab and she’s told the rest of my family stuff I never wanted her saying and even lying before to them(even though she’s the parent I like the most) she’s told my family about my sexuality when I told her I didn’t want anyone but her to know in the family, so I’m getting fed up with her, My grandparents tell me I’ll never amount to anything in life,My cousins have tried lying and getting me in trouble with the police, and my family always insults me. Everything is spiraling outa control it feels mentally and emotionally. I don’t wanna live this life anymore it’s not that I’m suicidal I’m just so tired of everything in my life up to this point I just can’t take it anymore but I’m to much of a wuss to even attempt to kill myself, I wish their was a way to put myself in foster care or something to get away from my family without causing them trouble

i just need solutions before I let go and decide to kill myself I’m so tired of living

Hello there –

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline on our public forum. Hopefully by giving you support during your crisis, there are others that are reading this thread that can feel comfortable reaching out as well. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. Now we aren't legal experts here and you might have already read on this forum thread about what could happen if you were to leave home before the age of majority. So we won’t get into that since you can find it fairly easily.

Our main concern is going to be your safety. Taking about killing and our harming oneself isn't something that should be taken lightly. If you do feel like this isn’t something that you can control and you thoughts do shift towards harming yourself, please reach out to someone that can help you through those times. You shouldn't be afraid to tell other people what you are thinking about doing especially if you are thinking about hurting yourself. You are certainly not alone in this and there are many many people that are here to help you. A good resource might be to call the ‘National Suicide Hotline’ for someone to talk about what thoughts you might be thinking at the time. Their number is 800.273.TALK. They also have an online chat service that might be of help to you especially if you don’t feel like calling in (https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/).

If you need a place to vent about what you are feeling right now, you can always call us. It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. Please reach out via phone or even our online chat for more help.

We hope to hear from you so that we can help you further.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X