Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know what i’m doing with my life and i really wanna quit

Hi i’m 16 and I don’t know what i’m doing here. Im a junior in high school right now and life has been pretty hard because of covid, as has everyone else’s . Anyway, at the beginning of the year my school gave us a choice to either go to school or be virtual, me being the person I am I chose virtual. Now things were great until my second semester which had all my hard classes and they gave me a choice to come back to school or stay virtual. Staying virtual was the worst decision I could have made, i’m failing 3 out of the 4 classes i’m taking and my mom keeps coming after me for failing which is reasonable but it’s gotten to the point where my mom thinks she’s failed me as a mother and it makes me sad she feels that way. If I fail this year I get kicked out of the one extra curricular activity I actually like. I honestly feel like what’s the point of being here now. If I ever go to college I feel like i’d be there for no reason, my only dream is to leave the country and never speak to anyone again. I really am thankful for the life I have and I have no ideas why I feel like ******** all the time because my life isn’t that bad. Me and my mom have been getting into arguments lately and if it’s not that she hits me. I really want to leave so bad but i have no where to go but I also can’t help the fact that I actually love my family. I really jus needed to vent sorry.

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. School can be hard in the best of times, so it makes sense to struggle more with the challenges of COVID. If you haven’t yet it might be worth contacting the individual teachers of the classes you are having trouble in and trying to set up a game plan to at least pass the class, even if you don’t end up with A’s you might be able to do a project, or have your grades based only on tests or if you pass a test at the end of the year you still pass the class.
    We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X