Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im 13 and i want to move in with mom

im thirteen and i want to move in with my mom i start a lot of issues with my dad and stepmom. ive been thinking alot about telling my dad if i could move in with her but im scared to ask him

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline! We admire your initiative in trying to fight for a better environment for yourself. Additionally, We are sorry to hear that things have been so rough with your father and stepmother. Not getting along with parents can be rough.

It sounds like you suspect that your dad wouldn't react well to your request . In cases where parents are separated, it is very common for parents have legal custody arrangements in place. While we are not legal experts, our understanding in situations where legal custody has been established, you will need your father's permission to live with your mother. If you leave without his permission, your father can file a runaway report and ask the police the to bring you home. However, if your father agrees, you should be able to live with your mother.

We would be happy to discuss with you how to talk to your parents about this!

While you know your parents best, navigating difficult discussions with your parents can be challenging, and it can help to talk to someone about how you would like to go about addressing things. One option that you do have is to ask someone you trust who knows your dad on ideas about how you could go about having this difficult conversation with your parents. You could also reach out to a counselor in your area and other types of support for people in similar situations. As always, we both love and are here to help! Because personal dynamics often play a role in what to say, it might be best for you to reach out to us through our live chat or phone services, so you can provide us more details on your situation, and we can brainstorm potential solutions together.

We can be reached 24/7 at (800) RUNAWAY (786-2929) and are available on live chat through our website on a daily basis.

Thank you for reaching out and good luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X