Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i really want to run away to my friend's house.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i really want to run away to my friend's house.

i'm 12 years old and i don't like my home life. my father is always so mad at me when i make the slightest mistake. yesterday we were in the car and he was screaming at me calling me a 'bastard' and a 'idiot' and 'worthless'. around last year someone told me to commit suicide and he forced me to tell him or else he would leave me homeless on the highway. i'm not allowed to leave the house, not even with my sister (because he hates her and claims shes a 'drugist'- but she really isn't.) my best friend said she's 100% able to take me in with her. her parents are kind and she has a room in the attic for me. would i get in trouble if i actually went with her? my mom is amazing and i feel guilty about even leaving. so should i stay or go?

Hi, Thanks for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. It sounds like things are really hard at home with the way your dad speaks to you and treats you. Him screaming at you and calling you awful names is wrong and it shouldn't be that way.
    Also, whoever told you to commit suicide is horrible and wrong. They had no right to say that to you and we hope you know that you are important and that you deserve your life.
    It sounds like you want to leave and go live with your friend in their attic. It's understandable to want to leave your situation, but it isn't a plan that would last very long. It's illegal for your friends parents to keep you there without your parent's consent. But we are glad that you have these friends in your life to believe you and support you.
    It sounds like you and your mom have a good relationship, and that's great. Talking with her about how your dad treats you and how it makes you feel is an option.
    You are clearly going through a really hard situation, and we would like to talk with you further about it. You can reach out to our Live Chat through this website, or call us at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) 24/7 for confidential services.
    We truly hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X