I hate this.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate this.

My sister tells my parents lies and they believe it. They choose her as the perfect daughter and me as just another person. I have considered suicide and told my parents and they just think im being too dramatic. I even told them I want to runaway and they ignored me then said 'Go ahead.' They really dont care! They call me a spoil brat and I'm sick of it!

Re: I hate this.

Thank you for reaching out and posting a bulletin. We are sorry to how you feel your parents have been treating you. That sounds like a tough situation to feel like your parents don’t care about you and to feel ignored. It can be frustrating when parents see your sister as perfect, yet don’t treat you that way. It sounds like it has been hard on you to the point of either considering suicide or running away. We are sorry that you have been feeling this way. Have you talked to anyone about how you have been feeling (family member, friend, teacher, neighbor counselor, someone you trust, etc.)?

You had mention that you have considered suicide. How long have you felt this way? Have you attempted suicide before? If you feel that you are in immediate danger of harming yourself or others; you should contact 9-11 for immediate assistance. If you are feeling sad or depressed or even suicidal, you can also contact National Suicide Hotline at 1800-273-TALK (8255) or view their website at: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/.

It sounds like you have also considered runaway as an option. Have you ever runaway before? If so, what happened? If you do choose to runaway, your parents do have the right to file a runaway report with the local police. They could also charge the person you are staying with as harboring a runaway. It is understandable that you are sick of how your home life is. Here are a few things to think about if you are considering running away:

• What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    • What would make me stay at home?
    • How will I survive?
    • Is running away safe?
    • Who can I count on to help me?
    • Am I being realistic?
    • Have I given this enough thought?
    • What are my other options?
    • If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    • When I return home, what will happen?

We are not here to tell you what to do or what not to do. However, we can discuss options, provide local resources, conference calling and be someone to support you during this difficult time. We are a complete anonymous and confidential and here 24/7. Our number is 1800RUNAWAY (786-2929). You are welcome to call in anytime to talk in more detail about your situation or whatever might be on your mind at that time. We look forward in hearing from you! Best wishes and be safe!

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X