i want to runaway but im scared to

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to runaway but im scared to

I'm 13 and I've lived with my mom my whole life but she recently divorced her husband which I didn't like and he had drinking problems and would try and fight me and sent me to the ground multiple times and once she divorced him things went good for a while but recently she has been acting differently she gets mad at me because I'm falling classes in school which I understand but she will yell at me and keep calling me a liar and try to send me to my grandparents for a while but then when I come back it's better for like a week and then goes back to how it was and yesterday I was scared to sleep because she got an email from my school telling her about my grades and she started yelling then she gave me like three different death threats and I couldn't sleep because I was scared for my life

Hi there,
    Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline (NRS) and sharing your story with us. We know this can take a lot of courage and you are so brave to do so. It sounds like there's been a lot of stress and change in your life involving your mom's ex-husband and their divorce. It also sounds like things have remained difficult at home in part because of some struggles at school. We want you to know that we fully support you and that you deserve to feel safe and comfortable at home.

You mentioned experiencing death threats from your mom that made you feel scared. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate.

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. We can also explore other options to cope with this situation together as well.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X