No announcement yet.

Teen mother

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod1
    Hi there,

    Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline (NRS) and sharing your situation with us. We know that it takes a lot of courage to share your story and you are so brave to do so with us. It sounds like there is a lot of stress going on in your life involving your child and your family. We want you to know that we support you and care for your safety and wellbeing.

    In regards to questions about the custody of your child, it can be helpful to receive support from a legal aid organization. A good place to start would be

    Additionally, it sounds like you are struggling with your mental health. It can often be helpful to talk to someone who supports and validates what you are feeling. A great resource to explore is the NAMI Helpline, 1-800-950-6264.

    Lastly, you mentioned interest in emancipation. Usually, the best way to learn about emancipation in your state is to contact a lawyer. You may also find information at your county family court. We can look up legal aid resources that may be able to help you with the process.

    Please do not hesitate to call or chat if you have questions, need additional resources, or need to talk. We can explore your situation, go over all your options, and come up with a plan and resources to deal with your situation over the phone or on live chat.  We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.

    Be safe,

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic Teen mother

    Teen mother

    I have a 2 month year old and I just turned 17. My parent have minipulated me into giving custody over to them as well as not putting her father on the birth certificate. The father is involved but I have to do it secretly behind my parents back. They found out that I was doing it and I am not allowed to make any decisions for my child. My grandparents want me to move in with then but I am not allowed to but honestly for my mental state and what I have been going through with postpartum depression here is not what I need rightnow. They are also moving me away to washington with no one except for them where my depression will get worse and away from her father. I am trying to get emancipated but they will not let me out of the house orget a job.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp