Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know if I'm just being petty or what.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if I'm just being petty or what.

I'm 13 and live with my father and mother. Today I was playing a game and the device that I was playing in ran out of battery. I asked my dad if I can play on his phone, he has around three phones, including my father's old one and my sister's old one. He is selfish enough to not let me borrow it for a while to play my game till my device charges up a bit. I got mad and went to grab his neck, but I didn't choke him or do anything like that, just simply went to grab his neck out of pure anger. He afterwards came to me and said that I had grabbed his neck, and that he is in pain or something, and proceeds to grab my neck to show how I had grabbed his. He didnt squeeze it hard or anything but, that action of his gave me quite a shock, though it didn't hurt me physically I felt a bit sad. I think I'm just being petty, I don't know. Thank you for listening to my vent.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us today. It sounds like you have gone through a lot of feelings with everything that has gone on today. That must be a lot. It seems like when you were feeling angry you put your hands on your dad and he responded by showing you how that might have felt. You shared that what happened between you and your dad was quite a shock and made you feel sad.

Do you think you might be able to talk to your Dad about what it felt like to be angry and also what it felt like when he also put hands on you? It sounds like both of you are navigating what it felt like when someone makes you feel sad or scared. Sometimes when feelings are heavy it might also help to take care of your mind. You might try:

Listen to music

Watch a movie

Do something artistic like draw, paint, dance or sing

Write in a journal

Read a book

Take a personal time to be alone

It must feel really hard to work through everything that is going on right now. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Please call us at 1-800-786-2929 or visit our website to use our live chat. If you reach out to us directly, we could provide you with more support. We can work with you to gather information about your story so we can help support you the best we can.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X